OUR PRINCIPLES AND VALUES
Any person or group can organize autonomously and take action in the name and spirit of XR so long as the action fits within XR’s principles and values . In this way, power is decentralized, meaning that there is no need to ask for permission from a central group or authority.
- WE HAVE A SHARED VISION OF CHANGE
creating a world that is fit for the next 7 generations to live in.
- WE SET OUR MISSION ON WHAT IS NECESSARY
mobilizing 3.5% of the population to achieve system change – such as “momentum-driven organising” to achieve this.
- WE NEED A REGENERATIVE CULTURE CREATING A CULTURE
which is healthy, resilient and adaptable.
- WE OPENLY CHALLENGE OURSELVES AND THIS TOXIC SYSTEM
leaving our comfort zones to take action for change.
- WE VALUE REFLECTING AND LEARNING
following a cycle of action, reflection, learning, and planning for more action. Learning from other movements and contexts as well as our own experiences.
- WE WELCOME EVERYONE AND EVERY PART OF EVERYONE
working actively to create safer and more accessible spaces.
- WE ACTIVELY MITIGATE FOR POWER
breaking down hierarchies of power for more equitable participation.
- WE AVOID BLAMING AND SHAMING
we live in a toxic system, but no one individual is to blame.
- WE ARE A NONVIOLENT NETWORK
using nonviolent strategy and tactics as the most effective way to bring about change.
- WE ARE BASED ON AUTONOMY AND DECENTRALIZATION
we collectively create the structures we need to challenge power.