We look at busting leadership myths, looking at different types of power and facilitating leadership.
Resources for the session:
Here are some relevant additional reading materials:
🌿 Undoing the Politics of Powerlessness by Yotam Marom
🌿 Power Myths by Miki Kashtan
🌿 11 Practical Steps Towards Healthy Power Dynamics at Work by Richard Bartlett
🌿 White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo
This session covers:
- Busting leadership myths
- Learning about leaderful groups
- Analysing facilitation leadership
- Distinguishing different types of power
- Reflecting on power dynamics
Before this meeting:
- Completion of Session 1
- Undoing the Politics of Powerlessness by Yotam Marom
- Power Myths by Miki Kashtan
- 4 types of power: What are power over; power with; power to and power within? By Starhawk
- 11 Practical Steps Towards Healthy Power Dynamics at Work by Richard Bartlett
- White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo
After this meeting:
- Think through the following questions:
- How can you model healthy leadership in your team?
- What are you going to work on to become a better leader?
- How will you support others to lead?
- How do you benefit from the status quo system? How can you address this privilege?
- Try to apply the learnings gained from the leadership in your group reflection session
- Set up a meeting to discuss power dynamics with a skilled external facilitator